|Published:||Feb 21, 2013 11:07 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 21, 2013 11:39 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- The Fort Myers Police Department and Fire Department have determined suspicious package found in the parking lot of the CVS pharmacy at State Road 82 and Lee Boulevard as not a threat.
Someone pressure washing the business saw the package fall from the back of truck Thursday night around 7:00 P.M. When he moved to take a closer look he observed what he thought was a container with a chemical substance.
Upon arrival, police cordoned off the area which included the intersection at S.R. 82 and Lee Boulevard. Firefighters called for assistance from their hazmat team and the Southwest Florida Regional Bomb Squad. Bomb Squad members used a robot to safely inspect the package at which time they determined it contained nothing hazardous. Police reopened the roads shortly before 10:00 p.m.
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- WINK News gets Collier call center employees back pay
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors
- Four Lee County Schools will have extended hours in January
- Red drift algae could pile up on SWFL beaches in 2014
- Closing of Fla. power plant will take 60 years
- Real life grinch steals Christmas stockings
- Beach renourishment winds down in Naples
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- Man bitten by shark in foot in Cocoa Beach