|Published:||Feb 21, 2013 11:07 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 21, 2013 11:39 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- The Fort Myers Police Department and Fire Department have determined suspicious package found in the parking lot of the CVS pharmacy at State Road 82 and Lee Boulevard as not a threat.
Someone pressure washing the business saw the package fall from the back of truck Thursday night around 7:00 P.M. When he moved to take a closer look he observed what he thought was a container with a chemical substance.
Upon arrival, police cordoned off the area which included the intersection at S.R. 82 and Lee Boulevard. Firefighters called for assistance from their hazmat team and the Southwest Florida Regional Bomb Squad. Bomb Squad members used a robot to safely inspect the package at which time they determined it contained nothing hazardous. Police reopened the roads shortly before 10:00 p.m.
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- Southbound I-75 reopens after rollover crash near Colonial
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Report: mother at fault in fatal Alligator Alley crash
- Fire shuts down Jersey's Sports Cafe
- Festival of Dance to feature many genres this weekend
- IRS hits Miccosukee tribe with $170M tax bill
- Invalid DL leads to Port Charlotte drug arrest
- Boil water notice in effect after Cape water main break
- Crews battle brush fire near Island Park