|Published:||Feb 21, 2013 6:16 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 21, 2013 11:21 AM EST|
CAPE CORAL, Fla. - The Southwest Florida Seafood Festival and Car Show is returning for its 12th year Saturday, February 23rd.
The fundraising event by the Matlacha Mariners features fresh seafood dishes from a half-dozen local restaurants and hundreds of judged show cars.
It takes place at the German American Social Club, located at 2101 SW Pine Island Road, Cape Coral, from 11 a.m. to 5:30 p.m
Tickets for adults are $5, plus a can of food, which will be donated to a local food pantry.
The Mariners club raises money for various causes, such as children's music education, scholarships, and food assistance.
Visitors who come from 1 to 3 p.m. have a chance to meet former Daytona 500 winner Geoff Bodine.
For more information on the event, visit the Matlacha Mariners' website.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Interpreter for deaf at Mandela event called fake
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge