|Published:||Feb 21, 2013 6:16 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 21, 2013 11:21 AM EST|
CAPE CORAL, Fla. - The Southwest Florida Seafood Festival and Car Show is returning for its 12th year Saturday, February 23rd.
The fundraising event by the Matlacha Mariners features fresh seafood dishes from a half-dozen local restaurants and hundreds of judged show cars.
It takes place at the German American Social Club, located at 2101 SW Pine Island Road, Cape Coral, from 11 a.m. to 5:30 p.m
Tickets for adults are $5, plus a can of food, which will be donated to a local food pantry.
The Mariners club raises money for various causes, such as children's music education, scholarships, and food assistance.
Visitors who come from 1 to 3 p.m. have a chance to meet former Daytona 500 winner Geoff Bodine.
For more information on the event, visit the Matlacha Mariners' website.
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Charlotte Academy student embarassed, mother angry
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- Collier deputies arrest 12 y/o girl for library bomb threat
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Dog tests positive for rabies in Charlotte County
- Burglary suspect casually takes items from unlocked vehicle