|Published:||Feb 21, 2013 12:11 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 21, 2013 6:13 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- For the past 125 years, spring in Southwest Florida has been synonymous with baseball. The Red Sox play a double header against Northeastern and Boston College today.
According to the online ticket site StubHub, if you don't already have a ticket to get in the gate, they can't help you. Zero were available as of this morning. Fans have been lined up for autographs since today's early morning batting practice. This is actually the first game of the entire baseball spring training. The rest of the league kicks off this weekend.
It's been 10 days since pitchers and catchers reported. Red Sox manager John Farrell said it's about time they stopped beating up on each other and got some actual exhibition games going. Farrell says, for them, it's not about anything from last year, today is about moving forward with the team in 2013.
A note for fans out there: two games means every pitcher is expected to get a little bit of action today. The first pitch against Northeastern was at 1:35 p.m., meanwhile that second game of the double header with Boston College started shortly after 5:00 p.m.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- FHP releases final report on deadly Alligator Alley Accident
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Lee school board narrows down superintendent search
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- Fort Myers Florist launches DIY wedding flower sessions
- Vandals cause damage at St. Leo's Catholic church
- Company offers extra protection to gun owners
- Englewood man arrested on child pornography charges