|Published:||Feb 21, 2013 7:49 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 21, 2013 7:49 PM EST|
FT. MYERS, Fla. - A temporary fix has been put in place to help disabled residents and non-drivers arrive at JetBlue Park just in time for spring training.
The deal was made this week, by LeeTran, the Center for Independent Living and SWFL Transportation group offers non-drivers a $2.50 cab fare from the bus stop at Daniels Parkway and Treeline Avenue.
The discount is more than a third less than the usual rate. The bus stop, which is the closest to the park, leaves fans a mile and a half away from the gate.
The deal is only guaranteed through the 2013 Spring Training season, but sources close to the deal say the special fare may also be offered during special events at JetBlue Park.
The last spring training game at JetBlue Park is March 30.
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday
- Redmond HIV case could be thrown out under Fla. law
- SAO drops grand theft charge against fmr. commissioner
- Realtors and police warn of rental fraud hitting SWFL
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Red Sox' 2014 Spring Training ticket sales set record