|Published:||Feb 21, 2013 7:49 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 21, 2013 7:49 PM EST|
FT. MYERS, Fla. - A temporary fix has been put in place to help disabled residents and non-drivers arrive at JetBlue Park just in time for spring training.
The deal was made this week, by LeeTran, the Center for Independent Living and SWFL Transportation group offers non-drivers a $2.50 cab fare from the bus stop at Daniels Parkway and Treeline Avenue.
The discount is more than a third less than the usual rate. The bus stop, which is the closest to the park, leaves fans a mile and a half away from the gate.
The deal is only guaranteed through the 2013 Spring Training season, but sources close to the deal say the special fare may also be offered during special events at JetBlue Park.
The last spring training game at JetBlue Park is March 30.
- Employees owed money after comedy club closes down
- Cape councilman McClain stays
- Gov. Scott leads trade mission to Chile this week
- Lee Tran routes on proposed budget chopping block
- Enhanced lightning detection on Sanibel Island
- Spada to host salon & spa event for at-risk girls
- State Board of Education to get legislative update