|Published:||Feb 21, 2013 10:46 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 21, 2013 10:46 AM EST|
MIAMI (AP) - Police say officers responding to reports of shots fired at a Miami home found a man dead and rushed a woman and two children to a hospital suffering from gunshot wounds.
Police spokesman William Moreno told The Associated Press that shots were reported minutes after 9:30 p.m. Wednesday. He says police arrived and found an "active scene" with people inside "in harm's way." He says a team of officers quickly entered the home and rushed out carrying one of the children, clearing the way for emergency workers to approach.
Moreno says an unidentified man was found dead at the home with gunshot wounds.
He says a 43-year-old woman, a 14-year-old boy and an 11-year-old girl with wounds were hospitalized in critical condition.
Police didn't release their identities.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Barricaded man didn't survive in house fire
- Crews battle brush fire near Island Park
- SWFL soldier surprises kids live on WINK News
- Police say school nurse's blood alcohol level was .275
- FMPD gets high-tech vehicle to catch impaired drivers
- Man gets life after selling heroin near Lee Middle School
- Surgeons remove 4-pound hairball from tiger
- Crash blocks Golden Gate Blvd. at 22nd St. SE
- Camouflaged alligators spotted at Wa-Ke Hatchee Park
- Former Arcadia city marshal resigns amid theft allegations