|Published:||Feb 21, 2013 10:46 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 21, 2013 10:46 AM EST|
MIAMI (AP) - Police say officers responding to reports of shots fired at a Miami home found a man dead and rushed a woman and two children to a hospital suffering from gunshot wounds.
Police spokesman William Moreno told The Associated Press that shots were reported minutes after 9:30 p.m. Wednesday. He says police arrived and found an "active scene" with people inside "in harm's way." He says a team of officers quickly entered the home and rushed out carrying one of the children, clearing the way for emergency workers to approach.
Moreno says an unidentified man was found dead at the home with gunshot wounds.
He says a 43-year-old woman, a 14-year-old boy and an 11-year-old girl with wounds were hospitalized in critical condition.
Police didn't release their identities.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- WINK News gets Collier call center employees back pay
- Four Lee County Schools will have extended hours in January
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors
- Red drift algae could pile up on SWFL beaches in 2014