|Published:||Feb 21, 2013 6:11 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 21, 2013 6:11 PM EST|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- Firefighters spent 20 minutes battling the flames at 4487 Frankie Ct., Apt. J., Thursday afternoon.
The fire department said it started in the kitchen as a grease fire on the stove, and spread up the walls and into the attic.
The unit is unlivable now, and has about $6,000 to $7,000 worth of damage. The residents plan to stay with family.
The unit next door sustained smoke damage, but those residents can stay put.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Indictment accuses SWFL residents of human smuggling
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp Festival returns
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017
- Ex-inmate sues DeSoto Sheriff's Office for millions