|Published:||Feb 21, 2013 10:42 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 21, 2013 10:42 AM EST|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - A motorcycle traveling at a high rate of speed crashed into the back of a Florida Highway Patrol cruiser that was parked in a construction zone along the Courtney Campbell Causeway.
The driver of the motorcycle was killed in the Wednesday night crash. FHP says a female passenger was taken to the hospital in critical condition.
The highway patrol says the inside lane of the bridge that spans Tampa Bay was closed for construction. The trooper who was helping control traffic through the work zone wasn't injured.
Tampa police also assisted in the crash, which closed the eastbound lanes of the Courtney Campbell Causeway
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Estero firefighters rescue impaled seagull
- Men allegedly point guns at FMPD officers