|Published:||Feb 21, 2013 10:42 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 21, 2013 10:42 AM EST|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - A motorcycle traveling at a high rate of speed crashed into the back of a Florida Highway Patrol cruiser that was parked in a construction zone along the Courtney Campbell Causeway.
The driver of the motorcycle was killed in the Wednesday night crash. FHP says a female passenger was taken to the hospital in critical condition.
The highway patrol says the inside lane of the bridge that spans Tampa Bay was closed for construction. The trooper who was helping control traffic through the work zone wasn't injured.
Tampa police also assisted in the crash, which closed the eastbound lanes of the Courtney Campbell Causeway
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- FHP releases final report on deadly Alligator Alley Accident
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- $60K approved for Lee school district convention
- The Salvation Army is answering the call for help
- SOLD: Lee County school buildings
- New Florida voting law
- Cape woman keeps track of OK friends, family