|Published:||Feb 21, 2013 10:42 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 21, 2013 10:42 AM EST|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - A motorcycle traveling at a high rate of speed crashed into the back of a Florida Highway Patrol cruiser that was parked in a construction zone along the Courtney Campbell Causeway.
The driver of the motorcycle was killed in the Wednesday night crash. FHP says a female passenger was taken to the hospital in critical condition.
The highway patrol says the inside lane of the bridge that spans Tampa Bay was closed for construction. The trooper who was helping control traffic through the work zone wasn't injured.
Tampa police also assisted in the crash, which closed the eastbound lanes of the Courtney Campbell Causeway
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- Edcational app making the grade in Lee County Schools
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- Garrod Drywall burglary suspect blacks out cameras
- Couple killed while crossing US 1 in central Fla.
- Naples beach renourishment project set to wrap up next week
- U.S. 41 Northbound Blocked near Andrea Lane