|Published:||Feb 21, 2013 5:18 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 21, 2013 5:18 PM EST|
LAKE WALES, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say two men were killed when their car crashed into a semitrailer in central Florida.
The Polk County Sheriff's Office reports that 31-year-old Alonzo Veneros was driving north on U.S. 27 Wednesday night when hit the truck. Veneros and his passenger, 45-year-old Hipolito Mora Garcia, where both declared dead at the scene.
The Ledger (http://bit.ly/138gglv) reports that the truck driver was not injured.
Deputies say excessive speed and impairment on the part of Veneros appears to be a factor.
Charges against the truck driver are unlikely.
Information from: The Ledger (Lakeland, Fla.), http://www.theledger.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Collier deputies arrest 12 y/o girl for library bomb threat
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption