|Published:||Feb 21, 2013 5:18 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 21, 2013 5:18 PM EST|
LAKE WALES, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say two men were killed when their car crashed into a semitrailer in central Florida.
The Polk County Sheriff's Office reports that 31-year-old Alonzo Veneros was driving north on U.S. 27 Wednesday night when hit the truck. Veneros and his passenger, 45-year-old Hipolito Mora Garcia, where both declared dead at the scene.
The Ledger (http://bit.ly/138gglv) reports that the truck driver was not injured.
Deputies say excessive speed and impairment on the part of Veneros appears to be a factor.
Charges against the truck driver are unlikely.
Information from: The Ledger (Lakeland, Fla.), http://www.theledger.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects