|Published:||Feb 20, 2013 8:41 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 20, 2013 5:33 PM EST|
CAPE CORAL, Fla. - Police are investigating a fatal crash that happened in the westbound lanes of Hancock Bridge Pkwy. at NE 21st Ave. Wednesday morning. Three vehicles were involved in the accident.
The driver of a Honda minivan, 57-year-old Mark A. Salyer, died on the scene. The driver of a Hyundai Santa Fe, 56-year-old Francisca Espinel, suffered serious injuries. A Peterbuilt truck was also involved. That driver was not injured.
While driving in the 2100 block, Salyer veered to the left and crossed over the raised cement median, struck a sign, and traveled into the inside West lane. Espinel had passed the commercial truck and was switching lanes into the inside lane. That's when Salyer struck her head on. The left rear of Salyer's minivan struck the front right fender of the commercial truck.
Alcohol and drugs were not a factor in this traffic crash.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Police find 2 bodies inside West Palm Beach school
- Fla. school tells students to drop online classes
- Judge sends N. Fla. man to prison for life
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents
- Poll: Rubio gets negative marks on immigration
- School board approves new superintendent's contract
- Dr. Joseph Burke's Last Day as Superintendent
- Judge reads charge against Zimmerman to jurors