|Published:||Feb 20, 2013 3:09 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 21, 2013 11:01 AM EST|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- The scene has cleared at Santa Barbara Boulevard and SE 8th Street, where a school bus and a U-haul truck collided this afternoon.
Approximately 20 children were on the bus at the time, and were coming from Hector Cafferata Elementary School. The driver of the U-haul, 49-year-old Bradford Eric Tanner, was transported as a trauma alert to Lee Memorial and two children on the bus were taken to Cape Coral ER with minor injuries.
Tanner is listed in stable condition at Lee Memorial Hospital and is expected to make a full recovery.
Police determined the U-haul truck was traveling north on Santa Barbara Blvd. and ran the red light at SE 8th St., striking the school bus that was turning south. According to witnesses, Tanner began to brake, but could not stop in time.
Police consider this crash alcohol and/or drug related.
Further investigation is being conducted.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Cape PD: Man buys iPad with stolen credit card
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Cape Coral Police shoot 'aggressive' dog on SW 6th Ave.