|Published:||Feb 20, 2013 3:09 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 21, 2013 11:01 AM EST|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- The scene has cleared at Santa Barbara Boulevard and SE 8th Street, where a school bus and a U-haul truck collided this afternoon.
Approximately 20 children were on the bus at the time, and were coming from Hector Cafferata Elementary School. The driver of the U-haul, 49-year-old Bradford Eric Tanner, was transported as a trauma alert to Lee Memorial and two children on the bus were taken to Cape Coral ER with minor injuries.
Tanner is listed in stable condition at Lee Memorial Hospital and is expected to make a full recovery.
Police determined the U-haul truck was traveling north on Santa Barbara Blvd. and ran the red light at SE 8th St., striking the school bus that was turning south. According to witnesses, Tanner began to brake, but could not stop in time.
Police consider this crash alcohol and/or drug related.
Further investigation is being conducted.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school