|Published:||Feb 19, 2013 10:22 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 19, 2013 10:26 AM EST|
NEW YORK (AP) - Authorities say an NFL player has been arrested at a New York airport after police found a handgun in his luggage.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive end Da'Quan Bowers was arraigned Monday on charges of criminal possession of a weapon and posted $10,000 bond.
Bowers was arrested at LaGuardia Airport as he was about to board a US Airways flight to Raleigh, N.C. Authorities say the .40-caliber weapon was found during a search of his carry-on bag.
Efforts to reach his attorney were unsuccessful. The Buccaneers haven't returned messages seeking comment.
Bowers played college football for Clemson University and was chosen by the Buccaneers in the 2011 NFL draft.
Former Giants star Plaxico Burress was arrested on the same charge after he accidentally shot himself in a nightclub in 2008.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- DNA evidence leads detectives to North Port burglary suspect