|Published:||Feb 19, 2013 10:22 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 19, 2013 10:26 AM EST|
NEW YORK (AP) - Authorities say an NFL player has been arrested at a New York airport after police found a handgun in his luggage.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive end Da'Quan Bowers was arraigned Monday on charges of criminal possession of a weapon and posted $10,000 bond.
Bowers was arrested at LaGuardia Airport as he was about to board a US Airways flight to Raleigh, N.C. Authorities say the .40-caliber weapon was found during a search of his carry-on bag.
Efforts to reach his attorney were unsuccessful. The Buccaneers haven't returned messages seeking comment.
Bowers played college football for Clemson University and was chosen by the Buccaneers in the 2011 NFL draft.
Former Giants star Plaxico Burress was arrested on the same charge after he accidentally shot himself in a nightclub in 2008.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Cape PD: Man buys iPad with stolen credit card
- Police video of Bieber's urine test released
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Cape Coral Police shoot 'aggressive' dog on SW 6th Ave.
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer