|Published:||Feb 19, 2013 5:18 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 19, 2013 5:55 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Neighbors in the Tice community are on alert after a man was reported exposing himself in front of children and performing lewd acts.
A woman in the neighborhood tells us her family member saw the man touching himself on the porch of a vacant home. They called the sheriff's office but when deputies came out to look for the man, they couldn't find him. She says, "everyone is watching out making sure this guy doesn't come back around and we're just hoping the police can catch him and avoid this happening in our neighborhood."
The minister at Tice United Methodist Church also called the sheriff's office concerning the suspicious man. An incident report says while at church on Sunday, several children told her that saw a man nearby with his clothing off and touching himself.
The report also says children saw the man behind the Morse Shores Plaza off Palm Beach Boulevard and I-75.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend