|Published:||Feb 19, 2013 10:05 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 19, 2013 10:05 AM EST|
CLEARWATER, Fla. (AP) - A Pinellas County Sheriff's deputy has resigned over allegations of misconduct including picking up a prostitute.
The Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/130Y6SP ) reports that Deputy Robert Johnson resigned Monday after an internal investigation found that he lied to detectives about his actions Sept. 12. That's when Clearwater police saw him picking up a prostitute.
The investigation also found that Johnson violated policy by leaving work early and telling his ex-wife that she was being investigation for doctor shopping.
None of the incidents resulted in criminal charges. But sheriff's officials say Johnson's actions damaged his integrity and could have compromised a criminal investigation.
The Times reports Johnson told police he was giving the prostitute a ride home after seeing her running like she were trying to get away from someone.
Information from: Tampa Bay Times (St. Petersburg, Fla.), http://www.tampabay.com.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI
- Part of Collier Blvd. closed due to downed power line
- Dr. Nancy Graham sworn in as Lee County Superintendent
- Post-recession reinvention: the pet food business
- Lee County Schools want to spend $180,000 on marketing