|Published:||Feb 19, 2013 10:05 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 19, 2013 10:05 AM EST|
CLEARWATER, Fla. (AP) - A Pinellas County Sheriff's deputy has resigned over allegations of misconduct including picking up a prostitute.
The Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/130Y6SP ) reports that Deputy Robert Johnson resigned Monday after an internal investigation found that he lied to detectives about his actions Sept. 12. That's when Clearwater police saw him picking up a prostitute.
The investigation also found that Johnson violated policy by leaving work early and telling his ex-wife that she was being investigation for doctor shopping.
None of the incidents resulted in criminal charges. But sheriff's officials say Johnson's actions damaged his integrity and could have compromised a criminal investigation.
The Times reports Johnson told police he was giving the prostitute a ride home after seeing her running like she were trying to get away from someone.
Information from: Tampa Bay Times (St. Petersburg, Fla.), http://www.tampabay.com.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- Desoto County deputy admits to lying about beating
- Men take homeowner's truck at gunpoint, abandon it nearby
- Salvation Army of Collier short on donations and volunteers
- Residents are still homeless after a devastating Sept. fire