|Published:||Feb 19, 2013 10:08 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 19, 2013 10:08 AM EST|
DELRAY BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a young boy died after being struck by a vehicle in South Florida.
Delray Beach police say 2-year-old Malachi Bennett was playing in front of his house when he was hit Monday afternoon. He was initially taken to a nearby hospital by his family and then transferred to a trauma center, where he was pronounced dead.
The Palm Beach Post (http://bit.ly/ZnBg72) reports that the crash remains under investigation, and officials say the motorist is cooperating with police.
Information from: The Palm Beach (Fla.) Post, http://www.pbpost.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Charlotte Academy student embarassed, mother angry
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- Naples non-profit uses water therapy to help Veterans cope
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- New video shows Hohensee's anger
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel
- Community comes together for Safety Fair & 5k
- Communications satellite launched into space