|Published:||Feb 19, 2013 10:07 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 19, 2013 10:23 AM EST|
SUNRISE, Fla. (AP) - Police are trying to piece together the details of a shooting spree that led them to a body on a golf course in Sunrise.
An officer on patrol early Monday heard gunshots coming from the back parking lot of a shopping center. About the same time a 911 caller reported shots being fired into cars in a nearby shopping center that houses a strip club and several restaurants.
The Miami Herald (http://hrld.us/152OtkW ) reports two cars were found riddled with bullets and the body of a man in his 30s was found on the Seven Bridges at Springtree golf course. Police say he was shot to death.
Police say the golf course and the parking lot where shots were fired share a hedge line.
Authorities say they hope "someone saw something."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- WINK News gets Collier call center employees back pay
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors
- Four Lee County Schools will have extended hours in January
- Red drift algae could pile up on SWFL beaches in 2014
- Closing of Fla. power plant will take 60 years
- Real life grinch steals Christmas stockings
- Beach renourishment winds down in Naples
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student