|Published:||Feb 19, 2013 10:01 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 19, 2013 1:03 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- An 87-year-old Shell Point resident is in critical condition after being hit by a car while riding his bicycle. It happened on Shell Point Blvd. at Woodsong Lane just before 7:45 a.m.
FHP says the Kenneth Davis was in the crosswalk, when 35-year-old Jared Pike's Saturn did not stop.
Davis suffered both a head and a leg injury, and was transported to Lee Memorial.
Pike was cited for failing to yield the right of way.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- FHP releases final report on deadly Alligator Alley Accident
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- Fort Myers Florist launches DIY wedding flower sessions
- Company offers extra protection to gun owners
- LCEC warning customers about customer service imposters
- How hurricanes get their names
- SWFL residents reach out to family in tornado-stricken Moore