|Published:||Feb 19, 2013 10:01 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 19, 2013 1:03 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- An 87-year-old Shell Point resident is in critical condition after being hit by a car while riding his bicycle. It happened on Shell Point Blvd. at Woodsong Lane just before 7:45 a.m.
FHP says the Kenneth Davis was in the crosswalk, when 35-year-old Jared Pike's Saturn did not stop.
Davis suffered both a head and a leg injury, and was transported to Lee Memorial.
Pike was cited for failing to yield the right of way.
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- 'Magic' Johnson to speak at Quality Life Center fundraiser
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- UNF golfer killed in small plane crash
- 3 Miami-Dade officers shot, 2 suspects killed
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- 3 arrested in stolen exam scheme at FIU