|Published:||Feb 18, 2013 10:48 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 18, 2013 10:48 AM EST|
OCALA, Fla. (AP) - An employee accused of breaking a juvenile resident's arm at a mental health facility has been charged with aggravated child abuse.
Ocala police say the 13-year-old told officers that Lennox Seepersad became angry and threw him to the floor of his bedroom at The Vines Hospital on Friday night, then pulled him up roughly by the arm.
The teen said he screamed for help but was given Tylenol and told to go to bed.
On Saturday, another employee drove the teen to the hospital. Doctors said the teen had a broken arm consistent with someone pulling on the arm.
The teen is now in his mother's care.
The Ocala Star Banner (http://tinyurl.com/akwo2r8) reports surveillance video shows another teen tried to help the victim, but Seepersad pushed him away.
Information from: Ocala (Fla.) Star-Banner, http://www.starbanner.com/
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- 'Magic' Johnson to speak at Quality Life Center fundraiser