|Published:||Feb 18, 2013 4:32 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 18, 2013 6:37 PM EST|
NORTH FORT MYERS, Fla.- Crews battled a fire in heavy brush on the 19000 block of Gottarde Rd. Monday afternoon.
Florida Forest Service said the one and a half acre fire was probably started from an electrical dog fence. A branch fell on the fence, which shorted out, causing sparks.
The Bayshore Fire Department was also on the scene.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids