|Published:||Feb 18, 2013 7:47 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 18, 2013 3:06 PM EST|
CAPE CORAL, Fla. - Firefighters are investigating an early morning house fire in Cape Coral. It happened just after 5:00 a.m. on SE 19th Terrace.
Firefighters were able to contain the fire within minutes, thanks to a nearby hydrant across the street from the vacant house.
One witness sprang into action when the fire woke him up.
Fire crews say they had a hard time getting into the home because of hurricane shutters and a downed power line on top of the roof.
There has been no word yet on the cause of the fire.
- Charlotte Academy student embarassed, mother angry
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- Naples non-profit uses water therapy to help Veterans cope
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- New video shows Hohensee's anger
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel
- Community comes together for Safety Fair & 5k
- Communications satellite launched into space