|Published:||Feb 17, 2013 11:03 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 18, 2013 7:21 AM EST|
The investigation and clean up of two homes out on Upper Captiva Island will continue today after a fire destroyed both.
Firefighters say high winds cause the fire to spread.
It also destroyed the home next door,and smoke damaged five homes that were down-wind.
It took about 30-firefighters from several different agencies, traveling by boat, five hours to put the fire out.
They believe a generator may have started it.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Indictment accuses SWFL residents of human smuggling
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp Festival returns