|Published:||Feb 16, 2013 5:27 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 16, 2013 5:27 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- A Florida Highway Patrol cruiser collided with another vehicle on I-75. The crash happened just south of the Colonial Boulevard exit shortly at 9:17 Friday night.
Investigators say the trooper hit the back of a Jeep Cherokee and the Jeep rolled onto its roof. Two people in the Jeep were thrown from the vehicle. The driver, 29-year-old Christopher McClure of North Fort Myers is in fair condition. His passenger, 28-year-old Crystal Crawford-McClure of North Fort Myers is in serious but stable condition. A 1-year-old child in the backseat suffered minor injuries.
According to the report, Trooper Gustavo Reyes was not injured. Officials say Reyes was not responding to a call and did not have emergency lights on. No charges have been filed pending the investigation.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- 3 people killed in Florida Panhandle boat crash