|Published:||Feb 15, 2013 11:44 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 15, 2013 12:14 PM EST|
LOVERS KEY, Fla.- More than 70 couples were expected at the park on Valentine's Day, but rain put a damper on the occassion. The vow renewal took place regardless, but with a smaller turnout.
Some felt love would conquer all, however, and headed to the Lee County Clerk's Office. Two dozen were married before noon.
Gay and lesbian couples peacefully protest same sex marriage laws in the state by applying for a marriage license every year on Valentine's Day, but no one showed up this year. Some say they are tired of waiting, and go where their marriages will be recognized.
- FMPD arrests robbery suspect linked to 5 robberies
- Store owner's surveillance cameras catch alleged thieves
- Collier home destroyed by fire
- Real estate search begins for Hertz executives
- Settlement reached with Lifestyle Lift
- Candidates for Cape Coral Mayor duke it out in 1st debate
- Couple accused of kidnapping kids appears in court
- Police ID man who drove into Cape Coral canal
- Naples parents protest cell phone tower at elementary school
- Hertz new HQ building plans