|Published:||Feb 15, 2013 6:33 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 15, 2013 10:06 AM EST|
LAUDERDALE LAKES, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say an off-duty security guard shot and killed a man at a South Florida apartment complex after a confrontation over loud music.
Broward Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Keyla Concepcion says two off-duty security guards were returning from a night out to the Lauderdale Lakes complex early Thursday when they heard loud music coming from a car in the parking lot. Both guards were armed and have concealed weapons permits.
Concepcion says the guards approached a man in the vehicle and asked him to turn down the music.
Authorities say the confrontation escalated and the man got out of the vehicle and reached for one guard's gun. Concepcion says the other guard then shot the man.
The man's body was taken to the medical examiner's office. His name hasn't been released.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim