CAPE CORAL, Fla.- Cape Coral Police have arrested 19-year-old David James Marrs, of 4507 SE 14th Avenue, on charges of Burglary and Grand Theft stemming from a February 10th break in at a Shell Gas Station.
On February 10th between 1:00 a.m. and 5:00 a.m., a suspect attempted to pry the back door of the Shell gas station. located at 4403 Del Prado Blvd South. When they were unsuccessful, the suspect went to the front door and broke the front door to gain entry to the convenience store.
Once inside, the suspect stole cigarette cartons, lighters, lottery tickets and $500 cash. Upon leaving the store, the suspect dropped a few cigarette cartons on the ground.
Officers arrived and began investigating the crime. The dropped cigarette carton was taken for evidence and processed for fingerprints by Forensic Technicians. A latent print was recovered from the cigarette carton which belonged to David James Marrs.
Officers went to Marrs’ home to question him. There, they found cigarette cartons, lighters and lottery tickets. Upon further questioning of Marrs, he was arrested on charges of Burglary, Grand Theft and Criminal Mischief.
- $590M-plus Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- 20-year-old girl dies in Cape Coral scooter crash
- Bikers participate in Collier County 'Freedom Ride'
- Standing room only at 2013 Hurricane Expo
- Start your engines!
- Fla. Gov. will veto 3 percent college tuition hike
- Body of autistic boy vacationing in Fla. is found
- Fla. gov. steps up pace on signing death warrants
- Hundreds of bikers honor military with Freedom Ride 2013
- Click it or Ticket campaign begins May 20th