|Published:||Feb 14, 2013 11:56 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 15, 2013 10:35 AM EST|
Collier County, Fla. -- The Collier County Sheriff's Office has located a missing man in Everglades National Park.
Authorities say two mn were canoeing off of Pavillion Key, when one of their canoe overturned approximately three miles off shore.
The Collier County Sheriff's Office marine unit, Marco Island Fire Department, Ochopee Fire Department, Coast Guard, FWC and the U.S. Park Service all had crews searching for the missing man. Crews searched on water and in the air for more than three hours before locating the man on an unknown island.
A Collier County spokewoman says the Coast Guard chopper airlifted the man from the water and took him to Naples to meet EMS. He was checked out for precautionary measures, but is doing well.
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Mobile home destroyed in suspicious North Fort Myers fire
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- Search ends for 2 missing from migrants' raft