|Published:||Feb 14, 2013 11:56 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 15, 2013 10:35 AM EST|
Collier County, Fla. -- The Collier County Sheriff's Office has located a missing man in Everglades National Park.
Authorities say two mn were canoeing off of Pavillion Key, when one of their canoe overturned approximately three miles off shore.
The Collier County Sheriff's Office marine unit, Marco Island Fire Department, Ochopee Fire Department, Coast Guard, FWC and the U.S. Park Service all had crews searching for the missing man. Crews searched on water and in the air for more than three hours before locating the man on an unknown island.
A Collier County spokewoman says the Coast Guard chopper airlifted the man from the water and took him to Naples to meet EMS. He was checked out for precautionary measures, but is doing well.
- Employees owed money after comedy club closes down
- Rollover on SB I-75 at Bonita Beach Rd. slows traffic
- Orange River Elementary principal Holly Bell retires
- Lee Tran routes on proposed budget chopping block
- Lee struggles with budget and SRO issues
- Gov. Scott leads trade mission to Chile this week
- Cape councilman McClain stays
- Enhanced lightning detection on Sanibel Island