|Published:||Feb 14, 2013 10:24 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 14, 2013 10:24 AM EST|
PALM COAST, Fla. (AP) - A 64-year-old man died after his van was hit by a Flagler County Sheriff's deputy responding to a call.
The Florida Highway Patrol says Deputy Christopher Lee Crego was heading to the scene of a crash Wednesday with his lights and sirens on when he hit the van driven by Eduardo Luis Pacheco.
The Daytona Beach News Journal (http://bit.ly/YfK6yR ) reports FHP is trying to determine whether the van was stopped in the middle of the road or if he was attempting to yield to the deputy's vehicle.
Crego was taken to the hospital with lacerations on his head and face. The sheriff's office says he was scheduled to undergo surgery later on Wednesday.
The highway patrol is investigating the crash.
Information from: Daytona Beach (Fla.) News-Journal, http://www.news-journalonline.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- LCSO finds, arrests North Fort Myers murder suspect
- Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Man pays down 76 layaway orders at Fla. store
- Attorney blasts investigation into FSU's Winston
- FMPD arrests 32 suspected drug dealers
- 2 transported by helicopter after serious crash on SR 776
- USPS to deliver mail in SWFL on certain Sundays
- Naples based St. Matthew's House expanding to Labelle
- Corrections officer accused of stealing inmate IDs
- Sebelius visits Miami to talk about health care