|Published:||Feb 14, 2013 5:30 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 14, 2013 6:19 PM EST|
FORT MYERS BEACH, Fla.- A Lee County Sheriff's Office marine patrol boat sunk for unknown reasons on Thursday afternoon at Fisherman's Wharf, behind Doc Ford's.
Officers believe it was due to a mechanical failure, possibly in a float plug. The boat is a 21-foot contender, used for patrolling the water.
The incident is under investigation.
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Memorial Day weekend travel expected to mirror last year
- Fla. Gov. asked to return money to insurer
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- Hurricane center: Beware of the storm surge
- Fla. man dies after crashing into moving train