|Published:||Feb 14, 2013 5:30 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 14, 2013 6:19 PM EST|
FORT MYERS BEACH, Fla.- A Lee County Sheriff's Office marine patrol boat sunk for unknown reasons on Thursday afternoon at Fisherman's Wharf, behind Doc Ford's.
Officers believe it was due to a mechanical failure, possibly in a float plug. The boat is a 21-foot contender, used for patrolling the water.
The incident is under investigation.
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Estero firefighters rescue impaled seagull
- FWC releases rehabilitated panther in Hendry County
- Cincy firefighters are heating things up on FMB
- Changes to Lee Way mean customers buy new transponders
- Mom blames husband after driving kids into ocean