|Published:||Feb 14, 2013 5:30 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 14, 2013 6:19 PM EST|
FORT MYERS BEACH, Fla.- A Lee County Sheriff's Office marine patrol boat sunk for unknown reasons on Thursday afternoon at Fisherman's Wharf, behind Doc Ford's.
Officers believe it was due to a mechanical failure, possibly in a float plug. The boat is a 21-foot contender, used for patrolling the water.
The incident is under investigation.
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- Man accused of leaving baby in car no stranger to law
- Realtors and police warn of rental fraud hitting SWFL
- Winter weather delays flights in and out of RSW
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman
- 3 arrested in stolen exam scheme at FIU
- UNF golfer killed in small plane crash
- Miami-Dade Police officer shot, hospitalized
- Beach renourishment winding down in Naples