LEHIGH ACRES, Fla.- A Lehigh Acres mother is looking for answers after her family was rattled by gunfire Wednesday afternoon. Curtrina Black and her three children heard 6-7 popping sounds outside of their home on 65th Street SW.
Black says a bullet came through the front of her home and hit three walls, before getting lodged in one of them.
Lee County deputies recovered a 50 calibur slug. Now, black wants to know who used that kind of firepower in a neighborhood with children.
"I heard another pow, pow, pow, and then loud pow, and it sounded like it hit my house at that point. I immediately ducked, because it was like so close to me," she said.
Black tells WINK News the bullet came dangerously close to her eleven year old son who went outside to investigate the noise.
"It's kind of scary knowing that he was outside when this occurred. You know, it could have been him, he could have been hit, you know, and I just find it ridiculous."
Lee County deputies interviewed neighbors who said they heard shots, but don't know who is responsible.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Shooting investigation in North Fort Myers
- Group protests taxes in Cape Coral by a 'Call to Arms'
- Woman accused of faking sons' deaths won't face jail time
- Small Fla. city anxious to learn jackpot winner
- Jungle Golf fundraiser putts for patriots
- Truck carrying mulch rolls over at Colonial & Plantation
- Baby found, father charged in South Fla.
- Miss. probationer caught in central Florida
- 2 bodies found in Chassahowitzka Forest in Fla.
- Deputies: Bartender, 3 patrons sliced by angry man