|Published:||Feb 14, 2013 5:38 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 14, 2013 5:49 PM EST|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fla.- A Lehigh Acres mother is looking for answers after her family was rattled by gunfire Wednesday afternoon. Curtrina Black and her three children heard 6-7 popping sounds outside of their home on 65th Street SW.
Black says a bullet came through the front of her home and hit three walls, before getting lodged in one of them.
Lee County deputies recovered a 50 calibur slug. Now, black wants to know who used that kind of firepower in a neighborhood with children.
"I heard another pow, pow, pow, and then loud pow, and it sounded like it hit my house at that point. I immediately ducked, because it was like so close to me," she said.
Black tells WINK News the bullet came dangerously close to her eleven year old son who went outside to investigate the noise.
"It's kind of scary knowing that he was outside when this occurred. You know, it could have been him, he could have been hit, you know, and I just find it ridiculous."
Lee County deputies interviewed neighbors who said they heard shots, but don't know who is responsible.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- No charges in Jameis Winston sex assault case
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Officials: At least 20 whales in deeper water
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti