|Published:||Feb 14, 2013 4:17 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 14, 2013 4:23 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- On Saturday, the Fort Myers Police Department will close the following roads beginning at 5:00 p.m. for the Edison Grand Parade, unless otherwise noted:
-Cleveland Avenue between Hanson Street and Main Street
-Edwards Drive, closed from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.
-Bay Street between Heitman Street and Jackson Street
-First Street between Fowler Street and Jackson Street
-Main Street between Cleveland Avenue and Hendry Street
-Monroe Street between Main Street and Edwards Drive closed at 7 a.m.
-Heitman Street from Bay Street to Edwards Drive closed at 7 a.m.
-Broadway Avenue between Second Street and Bay Street
-Hendry Street between Main Street and Edwards Drive, closed from 6 a.m. to 12 p.m.
-Jackson Street between Edwards Drive and Edison Avenue
-Cortez Avenue, between Del Rio Drive and Llewellyn Drive
-Llewellyn Drive between Cortez Avenue and Cleveland Avenue
-Hoople Street between Jackson Street and Central Avenue
-Crawford Street between Jackson Street and Central Avenue
-Lafayette Street between Jackson Street and Central Avenue
-Royal Palm Avenue between Bay Street and Thompson
-Lee Street between Edwards Drive and Thompson/Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard
-Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard between Fowler Street and Heitman Street
-The ramp off of the Caloosahatchee Bridge into downtown Fort Myers and the southbound lanes of traffic will be diverted onto McGregor Boulevard
-The downtown boat ramp
Those who wish to attend the parade are encouraged to arrive in the downtown area prior to 5:00 p.m. The parking garages will be open before the parade starts and access will be very limited to vehicles entering and exiting during the parade. Anyone that is not attending the parade should seek alternate routes. Alternate routes include the Edison Bridge, Fowler Street and Veronica Shoemaker Boulevard.
Click here to see a map.
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption
- Third-grade FCAT math and reading scores static
- Investigators look for answers in fatal Gateway standoff
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students