|Published:||Feb 14, 2013 7:53 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 14, 2013 1:11 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - This morning at 3:57 a.m. the Fort Myers Police Department responded to a crash near the intersection of Colonial Boulevard and Via Royale. The driver of a Toyota pick up truck was traveling east on the Midpoint Bridge, just east of the McGregor Boulevard overpass, when he lost control of the vehicle.
The Toyota spun out of control hitting several trees and a light pole. The light pole fell across both eastbound lanes. The driver of a second truck was unable to brake in time and struck the downed light pole and trees. The second driver also lost control and ended up in the median. A third vehicle then ran over the light pole and trees. Police believe the cause of the crash to be weather related.
Two of the drivers suffered minor injuries.
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- Edcational app making the grade in Lee County Schools
- Couple killed while crossing US 1 in central Fla.
- Naples beach renourishment project set to wrap up next week
- U.S. 41 Northbound Blocked near Andrea Lane
- Homeless chilren create Pictures of Hope
- Disabled kids in nursing homes suit consolidated