SANFORD, Fla.- George Zimmerman isn't expected to be in a Florida courtroom on Thursday, for a status hearing in his case.
The judge wants to talk about the logistics of jury selection and the scheduling of Zimmerman's "stand your ground" hearing. His lawyers are expected to ask for immunity for Zimmerman at that hearing.
Zimmerman is charged with second-degree murder for the death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in Florida. Martin was unarmed and walking through a gated community he was visiting.
Zimmerman was on the neighborhood watch and says he shot the boy in self-defense.
- Second Lee County bank robbed, suspects in custody
- Fatal crash on Golden Gate Parkway
- Fire at North Fort Myers home causes extensive damage
- Florida is #2 for internet crime complaints
- Deputies: 86-year-old Fla. mom shoots, kills son
- Fla. man trapped in car, dies from complications
- Heroes rescue disabled Fla. vet from pond