|Published:||Feb 13, 2013 11:07 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 13, 2013 11:07 PM EST|
SANFORD, Fla.- George Zimmerman isn't expected to be in a Florida courtroom on Thursday, for a status hearing in his case.
The judge wants to talk about the logistics of jury selection and the scheduling of Zimmerman's "stand your ground" hearing. His lawyers are expected to ask for immunity for Zimmerman at that hearing.
Zimmerman is charged with second-degree murder for the death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in Florida. Martin was unarmed and walking through a gated community he was visiting.
Zimmerman was on the neighborhood watch and says he shot the boy in self-defense.
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Officials: At least 20 whales in deeper water
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti