PUNTA GORDA, Fla.- Southwest Florida Crime Stoppers is asking for the public’s help identifying a woman who used a stolen credit card in Punta Gorda to rack up charges within hours of the card being stolen. Although the crime occurred months ago, detectives think the suspect could still be targeting others.
Punta Gorda Police detectives say the victim parked her Jeep in the parking lot of 615 Cross Street, between 2:00 and 3:00 p.m. last July. During that time, an unknown person entered her unlocked truck and removed a wallet which contained several credit cards. Within hours, the card had been used at area businesses, including the Circle K on Marlympia Way, where she was caught on camera making fraudulent purchases. When the victim realized her wallet had been stolen, she immediately cancelled all cards.
If you have any information regarding this woman, please call 1-800-780-TIPS. You can remain anonymous.
- Friends Mourn Friend Killed in Motor Scooter Crash
- Body of autistic boy vacationing in Fla. is found
- Fla. Gov. will veto 3 percent college tuition hike
- Fla. gov. steps up pace on signing death warrants
- Consumer group flags high SPF ratings on sunscreen
- Hundreds of bikers honor military with Freedom Ride 2013
- Click it or Ticket campaign begins May 20th