|Published:||Feb 13, 2013 2:53 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 13, 2013 2:53 PM EST|
LAKE MARY, Fla. (AP) - Verizon Communications Inc. plans to open a finance and accounting "center of excellence" in central Florida that's expected to employ 750 by 2016.
Gov. Rick Scott joined company officials for the announcement Wednesday in Lake Mary, where the $50 million center is to be built.
Verizon Vice President Michelle Robins said central Florida was chosen because the region has a talent pipeline "full of finance and accounting graduates." She also cited the warm welcome that state and local economic development officials gave the company.
The center will centralize accounting, finance and back office operations. That's expected to improve customer service and career and networking opportunities for employees.
Lake Mary is about 25 miles north of Orlando and has nearly 14,000 residents.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Fla. man charged in boy death eyed in 2nd killing
- Owner tracks stolen boat to Mexico