|Published:||Feb 13, 2013 11:29 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 13, 2013 11:29 AM EST|
DALLAS (AP) - A $10,000 reward is being offered for the capture of a fugitive Florida inmate convicted of violent sexual assaults but who stabbed one of two police escorts and escaped near Dallas.
Authorities say Alberto Morales was being taken from Florida to Nevada when he stabbed an officer in the neck and three times in the back outside a suburban Dallas department store Monday night. Grapevine police say Miami-Dade Police Detective Jaime Pardinas is hospitalized in serious but stable condition.
On Tuesday, the Texas Department of Public Safety offered a $10,000 cash reward for information leading to the capture of the 42-year-old fugitive. A DPS statement said Morales should be considered extremely dangerous and that tips leading to his capture will be rewarded anonymously.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI
- Part of Collier Blvd. closed due to downed power line
- Dr. Nancy Graham sworn in as Lee County Superintendent
- Post-recession reinvention: the pet food business
- Passerby pulls floating 5 year-old from North Naples pond
- Lee County Schools want to spend $180,000 on marketing
- LCEC's portable substation can restore power to thousands
- Beach-goers keeping an eye on the waves in the Gulf
- A young girl is home after a near drowning incident