|Published:||Feb 13, 2013 11:29 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 13, 2013 11:29 AM EST|
DALLAS (AP) - A $10,000 reward is being offered for the capture of a fugitive Florida inmate convicted of violent sexual assaults but who stabbed one of two police escorts and escaped near Dallas.
Authorities say Alberto Morales was being taken from Florida to Nevada when he stabbed an officer in the neck and three times in the back outside a suburban Dallas department store Monday night. Grapevine police say Miami-Dade Police Detective Jaime Pardinas is hospitalized in serious but stable condition.
On Tuesday, the Texas Department of Public Safety offered a $10,000 cash reward for information leading to the capture of the 42-year-old fugitive. A DPS statement said Morales should be considered extremely dangerous and that tips leading to his capture will be rewarded anonymously.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- UNF golfer killed in small plane crash
- 3 arrested in stolen exam scheme at FIU
- 'Magic' Johnson to speak at Quality Life Center fundraiser
- 3 Miami-Dade officers shot, 2 suspects killed
- Miami-Dade Police officer shot, hospitalized
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- Beach renourishment winds down in Naples