|Published:||Feb 13, 2013 4:28 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 13, 2013 4:28 PM EST|
NEW SMYRNA BEACH, Fla. (AP) - The pilot of a small plane is dead after a central Florida crash.
The Volusia County Sheriff's Office reports that the twin-engine Cessna 337 took off Wednesday from the New Smyrna Beach Municipal Airport and went down moments later near the city's sports complex.
The plane broke apart on impact, killing the pilot.
There were no other injuries.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- Man accused of leaving baby in car no stranger to law
- Realtors and police warn of rental fraud hitting SWFL
- Winter weather delays flights in and out of RSW
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman
- 3 arrested in stolen exam scheme at FIU
- Miami-Dade Police officer shot, hospitalized
- UNF golfer killed in small plane crash
- Beach renourishment winding down in Naples