|Published:||Feb 13, 2013 4:28 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 13, 2013 4:28 PM EST|
NEW SMYRNA BEACH, Fla. (AP) - The pilot of a small plane is dead after a central Florida crash.
The Volusia County Sheriff's Office reports that the twin-engine Cessna 337 took off Wednesday from the New Smyrna Beach Municipal Airport and went down moments later near the city's sports complex.
The plane broke apart on impact, killing the pilot.
There were no other injuries.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Hostage situation ends in house fire, man found dead inside
- Defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- Vehicles flee the scene after seriously injuring pedestrian
- FWC relocates largest black bear captured in Fla.
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- CCSO searches for missing 23 y/o Golden Gate woman
- A look at the dangers of riding a motorcycle
- Man finds drugs in a safe in front of his Pt. Charlotte home
- Crash with injuries on Veterans at Chiquita blocks traffic