|Published:||Feb 13, 2013 10:46 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 13, 2013 10:46 AM EST|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- Deputies arrested Jeffrey Arthur Perkins on Tuesday night and charged him with high speed fleeing and eluding in connection with this pursuit.
Perkins fled deputies during a routine traffic stop in Golden Gate on Wednesday afternoon. Deputies attempted to stop him on his black and yellow Honda motorcycle. He was traveling faster than the posted speed limit on Collier Boulevard, near the intersection with Immokalee Road around 2:25 p.m. He sped up and led deputies on a pursuit for about six miles. Perkins then ditched the motorcycle on the dead-end street of Shady Lane.
Deputies located Perkins, whose blond hair had been dyed black, at the residence of a friend at 717 109th Ave. N. in Naples Park, according to arrest reports.
He was also charged with not having a motorcycle endorsement, which is required under Florida law.
- FMPD arrests robbery suspect linked to 5 robberies
- Store owner's surveillance cameras catch alleged thieves
- Collier home destroyed by fire
- Real estate search begins for Hertz executives
- Settlement reached with Lifestyle Lift
- Candidates for Cape Coral Mayor duke it out in 1st debate
- Couple accused of kidnapping kids appears in court
- Police ID man who drove into Cape Coral canal
- Naples parents protest cell phone tower at elementary school
- Hertz new HQ building plans