|Published:||Feb 13, 2013 10:46 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 13, 2013 10:46 AM EST|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- Deputies arrested Jeffrey Arthur Perkins on Tuesday night and charged him with high speed fleeing and eluding in connection with this pursuit.
Perkins fled deputies during a routine traffic stop in Golden Gate on Wednesday afternoon. Deputies attempted to stop him on his black and yellow Honda motorcycle. He was traveling faster than the posted speed limit on Collier Boulevard, near the intersection with Immokalee Road around 2:25 p.m. He sped up and led deputies on a pursuit for about six miles. Perkins then ditched the motorcycle on the dead-end street of Shady Lane.
Deputies located Perkins, whose blond hair had been dyed black, at the residence of a friend at 717 109th Ave. N. in Naples Park, according to arrest reports.
He was also charged with not having a motorcycle endorsement, which is required under Florida law.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- Bill would make drug testing for candidates manditory