|Published:||Feb 13, 2013 10:46 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 13, 2013 10:46 AM EST|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- Deputies arrested Jeffrey Arthur Perkins on Tuesday night and charged him with high speed fleeing and eluding in connection with this pursuit.
Perkins fled deputies during a routine traffic stop in Golden Gate on Wednesday afternoon. Deputies attempted to stop him on his black and yellow Honda motorcycle. He was traveling faster than the posted speed limit on Collier Boulevard, near the intersection with Immokalee Road around 2:25 p.m. He sped up and led deputies on a pursuit for about six miles. Perkins then ditched the motorcycle on the dead-end street of Shady Lane.
Deputies located Perkins, whose blond hair had been dyed black, at the residence of a friend at 717 109th Ave. N. in Naples Park, according to arrest reports.
He was also charged with not having a motorcycle endorsement, which is required under Florida law.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft