FORT MYERS, Fla.- In an effort to prevent violence in Fort Myers, Chief Baker sent 25 individualized letters to some of the city's worst offenders.
In the letters, he tells them that if they want to assist in solving crime in their neighborhoods and turn their lives around, the Police Department will help them. One recipient posted the letter on Facebook page. His or her identity is unknown.
Other cities have also sent letters, with positive results.
- Confusion leads to heavy police activity at Bernwood Cove
- CCSO seeks IDs of persons of interest in burglary case
- Teen fights off suspect accused of holding a gun to her head
- Woman accused of faking sons' deaths won't face jail time
- Group protests taxes in Cape Coral by a 'Call to Arms'
- Students slime principal for 1 million minutes of reading
- Miami man catches longest Burmese python captured in Fla.
- Truck carrying mulch rolls over at Colonial & Plantation
- Baby found, father charged in South Fla.
- LCSO catches home invasion suspects in San Carlos Park