|Published:||Feb 12, 2013 6:03 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 12, 2013 6:03 PM EST|
SARASOTA, Fla.- The Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office has arrested 41-year-old Diana Urban, of 2903 Brewster Rd., for stealing hundreds of thousands of dollars from her employer over the past year.
The owner of Precision Fabrication in Nokomis fired Urban in December for claiming vacation time she was not entitled to. At that time a review of the books revealed Urban had written checks to herself and forged the company ledger to show they were written to company vendors.
All totaled, detectives found Urban wrote and cashed 119 checks totaling $234,470.24 between November 2011 and December 2012.
She was arrested this morning and charged with First Degree Felony Scheme to Defraud. Urban is being held on $50,000 bond.
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- FMPD arrests women caught on camera stealing lotto tickets
- Woman faces DUI charges after crash involving 6 children
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Witnesses says Naples man killed ducklings with a broom
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- Twins minor league team involved in Fla. crash
- DCF investigates Cape Coral infant's death
- LDAS seeks information regarding 2nd recent cat shooting