|Published:||Feb 11, 2013 1:09 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 11, 2013 1:09 PM EST|
WEIMAR, Texas (AP) - East Texas law officers have confiscated about $500,000 worth of cocaine hidden in a false compartment of a vehicle's radiator.
The Fayette County Sheriff's Office on Monday announced the drug bust and the arrest of two people from Lakeway, Fla.
A traffic stop Friday on Interstate 10 several miles east of Weimar (WY'-mer) led to a search. A Texas trooper noticed the radiator appeared to have been altered. A drug-sniffing dog located packages with more than 20 pounds of cocaine.
The Colorado County Sheriff's Office says 43-year-old Marciano Moreno and his 52-year-old wife Maria were being held Monday on charges of manufacture and delivery of a controlled substance. Bond was set at $25,000. Jail records didn't list attorneys for the pair.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project