|Published:||Feb 11, 2013 10:11 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 11, 2013 10:11 AM EST|
ORANGE CITY, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say an Orange City boy who was struck and killed while riding his skateboard was a "tragic accident."
Orange City police spokesman Jason Sampsell told The Daytona Beach News-Journal (http://bit.ly/Xx6vWe) it doesn't appear the driver of the truck that hit the boy Friday night committed any traffic infractions.
According to reports, the truck driver didn't have time to avoid the boy, who went into the street shortly before 9 p.m. The boy was taken to Halifax Health Medical Center, where he died on Sunday.
Police haven't released the names of the boy or the driver.
No further details were immediately available.
Information from: Daytona Beach (Fla.) News-Journal, http://www.news-journalonline.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Fla. man charged in boy death eyed in 2nd killing