|Published:||Feb 11, 2013 10:11 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 11, 2013 10:11 AM EST|
ORANGE CITY, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say an Orange City boy who was struck and killed while riding his skateboard was a "tragic accident."
Orange City police spokesman Jason Sampsell told The Daytona Beach News-Journal (http://bit.ly/Xx6vWe) it doesn't appear the driver of the truck that hit the boy Friday night committed any traffic infractions.
According to reports, the truck driver didn't have time to avoid the boy, who went into the street shortly before 9 p.m. The boy was taken to Halifax Health Medical Center, where he died on Sunday.
Police haven't released the names of the boy or the driver.
No further details were immediately available.
Information from: Daytona Beach (Fla.) News-Journal, http://www.news-journalonline.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- Woman faces DUI charges after crash involving 6 children
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- DCF investigates Cape Coral infant's death
- Storage unit swiper targets Cape Coral facility
- LDAS seeks information regarding 2nd recent cat shooting
- Car crashes into store on Golden Gate Pkwy.
- Man allegedly shoots step-son in face for being a 'moocher'