|Published:||Feb 11, 2013 4:06 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 11, 2013 4:06 PM EST|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- Collier County deputies say they arrested an armed suspect at the Circle K on Santa Barbara Friday evening, who was flinching and "pulling away from imaginary aliens."
They found 34-year-old Corey Joe Stump, of 1795 55th Terrace SW, "under the influence of narcotics and hallucinating," according to his arrest report.
Stump was armed with two large knives, blocking the entrance to the store, and sweating profusely in 64 degree weather. Deputies say he was not wearing a shirt and was acting oddly.
One officer held the suspect at gunpoint, instructing him to drop the knives. He did so, and was transported to Physicians Regional Hospital.
He allegedly did not threaten or harm anyone, but two employees and a customer were scared.
Witnesses who knew him said he had taken "Mollys" and may have mixed them with alcohol.
Stump was arrested after being released from the hospital.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army
- Man accused in 2 killings attempts jail escape
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Fla. city ends program allowing backyard chickens
- Officials: Encouraging sign for 24 stranded whales
- 1 killed, 1 injured in Orlando hit-and-run