|Published:||Feb 10, 2013 10:00 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 10, 2013 10:00 AM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- A 71-year-old woman died in a car accident on College Parkway in South Fort Myers on Saturday.
The Florida Highway Patrol says a man driving a Honda Accord east on College Parkway tried turning left onto Whiskey Creek Drive, but didn't see an on-coming car.
The car hit the passenger side, killing 71-year-old Betty Fried.
The driver of that Honda, 77-year-old Michael Rudd also had serious injuries and was cited for not yielding to the right of way.
His car hit a third car sitting at Whiskey Creek Drive, but no else was injured.
- Hostage situation ends in house fire, man found dead inside
- Defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- Vehicles flee the scene after seriously injuring pedestrian
- FWC relocates largest black bear captured in Fla.
- CCSO searches for missing 23 y/o Golden Gate woman
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- Man finds drugs in a safe in front of his Pt. Charlotte home
- Crash with injuries on Veterans at Chiquita blocks traffic
- Desoto officials search for missing Nocatee man