|Published:||Feb 10, 2013 8:20 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 10, 2013 8:26 PM EST|
Shirley Duncan was arrested after deputies say she lied to a Port Charlotte church. Reports say the woman told them her four sons were killed while serving overseas. Detectives say Duncan also collected money, donations and even allowed the church to hold a funeral to honor her sons.
Duncan does have one son, who does serve. Detectives say he turned his mother in after he found out what she had done.
Duncan tells WINK News she was in a dark place when all this happened and she's sorry.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause