|Published:||Feb 10, 2013 8:20 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 10, 2013 8:26 PM EST|
Shirley Duncan was arrested after deputies say she lied to a Port Charlotte church. Reports say the woman told them her four sons were killed while serving overseas. Detectives say Duncan also collected money, donations and even allowed the church to hold a funeral to honor her sons.
Duncan does have one son, who does serve. Detectives say he turned his mother in after he found out what she had done.
Duncan tells WINK News she was in a dark place when all this happened and she's sorry.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Police find 2 bodies inside West Palm Beach school
- Fla. school tells students to drop online classes
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Judge sends N. Fla. man to prison for life
- School board approves new superintendent's contract
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI