|Published:||Feb 10, 2013 5:49 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 10, 2013 5:49 PM EST|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fla. - Fire officials are investigation a brush fire that burned Sunday afternoon in Lehigh Acres. That fire scorched lawns and threatened several homes.
High wind and dry conditions sent plumes of smoke into the air near Flora Avenue and 35th Street Southwest. Firefighters were able to contain the blaze in about an hour. At this point, officials say the cause of the fire is unknown.
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday
- Redmond HIV case could be thrown out under Fla. law
- SAO drops grand theft charge against fmr. commissioner
- Realtors and police warn of rental fraud hitting SWFL
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Red Sox' 2014 Spring Training ticket sales set record
- Man accused of leaving baby in car no stranger to law