|Published:||Feb 10, 2013 5:49 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 10, 2013 5:49 PM EST|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fla. - Fire officials are investigation a brush fire that burned Sunday afternoon in Lehigh Acres. That fire scorched lawns and threatened several homes.
High wind and dry conditions sent plumes of smoke into the air near Flora Avenue and 35th Street Southwest. Firefighters were able to contain the blaze in about an hour. At this point, officials say the cause of the fire is unknown.
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Charlotte Academy student embarassed, mother angry
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- Collier deputies arrest 12 y/o girl for library bomb threat
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Dog tests positive for rabies in Charlotte County
- U.S. Rep Connie Mack announces divorce
- Burglary suspect casually takes items from unlocked vehicle