|Published:||Feb 10, 2013 10:16 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 10, 2013 10:33 PM EST|
GOLDEN GATE, Fla. - Golden Gate resident Jacob Carrel is back behind bars, accused of stabbing and raping a teen girl, one day after the 23-year old was released from prison for stealing his mother's jewelry and selling it to a pawn shop.
WINK News did not visit the victim's neighborhood to respect her privacy and that of her families during this difficult time.
Carrel is charged with attempted murder, sexual battery and armed burglary. He was living at his parent's Golden Gate home on the 5900 block of 26th Place S.W.
Neighbor Brenda Hawkins says she had no idea carrel was a registered sex offender stating, "I do check occasionally with the registry to see who's here. Obviously i haven't been doing that recently or I would have been on alert."
According to the the victim, Carrel broke into her house Thursday, said he was going to kill her and forced her to have sex with him. Afterward, she said he forcefully twisted her neck until she lost consciousness. She said she woke up in a pool of blood with a knife next to her.
According to the arrest report, the victim knew carrel through another family member.
"I don't think you can every know who is next to you or what they are capable of ," said Hawkins.
In 2008, Carrel was sentenced in to two and a half years in prison for lewd and lascivious conduct on a victim less than 16-years of age.
- Hostage situation ends in house fire, man found dead inside
- Defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- Vehicles flee the scene after seriously injuring pedestrian
- FWC relocates largest black bear captured in Fla.
- CCSO searches for missing 23 y/o Golden Gate woman
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- Man finds drugs in a safe in front of his Pt. Charlotte home
- Crash with injuries on Veterans at Chiquita blocks traffic
- Desoto officials search for missing Nocatee man