|Published:||Feb 09, 2013 9:13 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 09, 2013 9:13 AM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- The American Cancer Society's Relay for Life of Lee County is holding a Relay Family Fun Day called "Pop Tops & Flip Flops" today at the Alliance for the Arts on McGregor Blvd.
Relay teams from across Southwest Florida are coming together to strut their stuff to help find a cure for cancer and to help provide services for those struggling with cancer now.
Individual teams have booths that offer homemade bake goods, crafts, and games. A bounce house for the kids will be there as well as the Mammo Mobile for women needing a mammogram.
Admission and parking is free to stroll along and listen to the music for the day.
Tickets are available for purchase to participate in the games, bounce house, food and other activities. All proceeds go to the American Cancer Society's Relay For Life in Lee County. The event runs from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- FMPD arrests women caught on camera stealing lotto tickets
- Woman faces DUI charges after crash involving 6 children
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Witnesses says Naples man killed ducklings with a broom
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- Twins minor league team involved in Fla. crash
- DCF investigates Cape Coral infant's death
- 911 call: Judge in Zimmerman trial hears dispute