|Published:||Feb 09, 2013 9:13 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 09, 2013 9:13 AM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- The American Cancer Society's Relay for Life of Lee County is holding a Relay Family Fun Day called "Pop Tops & Flip Flops" today at the Alliance for the Arts on McGregor Blvd.
Relay teams from across Southwest Florida are coming together to strut their stuff to help find a cure for cancer and to help provide services for those struggling with cancer now.
Individual teams have booths that offer homemade bake goods, crafts, and games. A bounce house for the kids will be there as well as the Mammo Mobile for women needing a mammogram.
Admission and parking is free to stroll along and listen to the music for the day.
Tickets are available for purchase to participate in the games, bounce house, food and other activities. All proceeds go to the American Cancer Society's Relay For Life in Lee County. The event runs from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Indictment accuses SWFL residents of human smuggling
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp Festival returns
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017
- Ex-inmate sues DeSoto Sheriff's Office for millions