|Published:||Feb 09, 2013 9:13 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 09, 2013 9:13 AM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- The American Cancer Society's Relay for Life of Lee County is holding a Relay Family Fun Day called "Pop Tops & Flip Flops" today at the Alliance for the Arts on McGregor Blvd.
Relay teams from across Southwest Florida are coming together to strut their stuff to help find a cure for cancer and to help provide services for those struggling with cancer now.
Individual teams have booths that offer homemade bake goods, crafts, and games. A bounce house for the kids will be there as well as the Mammo Mobile for women needing a mammogram.
Admission and parking is free to stroll along and listen to the music for the day.
Tickets are available for purchase to participate in the games, bounce house, food and other activities. All proceeds go to the American Cancer Society's Relay For Life in Lee County. The event runs from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- North Fort Myers mobile home fire displaces family
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Officials: Up to 20 whales moved to deeper water
- Legal fate of FSU quarterback to be answered
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve
- New bridge has glitch that keeps a section up for 30 minutes