|Published:||Feb 08, 2013 11:53 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 08, 2013 1:42 PM EST|
NAPLES, Fla.- Naples Police arrested an 18-year-old woman Thursday, who allegedly parked right next to an unmarked detective's car and began smoking marijuana.
Just before 4:00 p.m., detectives were conducting surveillance of the 3rd St Parking, located at 1170 3rd St S., due to recent complaints of people smoking marijuana in the parking garage.
A red, two-door Kia pull into a parking space directly adjacent to where the detectives' unmarked police vehicle was parked. From the detectives' vantage point, they could cleary see the driver, later identified as Nicole Payer, take out a green, leafy substance and place it into a glass pipe, light the substance and smoke it. The detectives could also smell the odor of burnt marijuana emitting from the vehicle, as their windows were open.
The detectives approached the car and identified themselves. At that point, Payer opened the car door and a cloud of smoke, smelling of burnt marijuana, escaped from the vehicle. Detectives saw a bag filled with a green, leafy substance in the front driver's door and glass pipe next to it. The substance was later field tested and positively identified as marijuana.
Payer was then placed under arrest and charged with Possession of Marijuana under 20 grams and Possession of narcotic paraphernalia.
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Charlotte Academy student embarassed, mother angry
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- Collier deputies arrest 12 y/o girl for library bomb threat
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Dog tests positive for rabies in Charlotte County