|Published:||Feb 08, 2013 10:29 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 08, 2013 11:53 AM EST|
NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. (AP) - Two high school students face various charges after a fight on a Pasco County school bus was recorded on a cell phone and posted on Facebook.
The Tampa Tribune (http://bit.ly/XYYJo2 ) reports the girls - ages 16 and 17 - were arrested Monday in connection with the Feb. 1 fight.
Deputies say the older girl went to the back of the bus to and struck the victim on her shoulders and head. They say the younger girl told the 17-year-old that the victim was talking about her and encouraged her to fight.
The 16-year-old recorded the fight and posted it on Facebook.
The Pasco County School District is also investigating the incident.
The victim is also 16. All three girls are students at Mitchell High School in New Port Richey.
Information from: The Tampa (Fla.) Tribune, http://www.tampatrib.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- FMPD arrests women caught on camera stealing lotto tickets
- Woman faces DUI charges after crash involving 6 children
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- DCF investigates Cape Coral infant's death
- Storage unit swiper targets Cape Coral facility
- LDAS seeks information regarding 2nd recent cat shooting
- Car crashes into store on Golden Gate Pkwy.