|Published:||Feb 08, 2013 12:00 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 07, 2013 6:01 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - For the second time this week Lee County deputies are investigating an early morning robbery on Palm Beach Boulevard.
According to the sheriff's office, two men tried to rob the Wendy's on Palm Beach Boulevard and Buckingham Road shortly before 2:00 a.m.
Lee County Sheriff Mike Scott tells WINK News deputies arrived at the scene and there was an exchange of gunfire with the robbers. Scott says no one was injured during that encounter, but one of the men, 16-year-old Kristian Steven Foster, was taken into custody.
Foster was charged with 3 counts of robbery with a firearm, 3 counts kidnapping, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, shooting into an occupied conveyance, resisting arrest, carjacking with a firearm, wearing a mask to conceal identity, and person engaged in criminal offense having a weapon.
The second man ran from the scene.
The restaurant had closed for the day, but employees were present during the robbery, Scott says. An employee suffered very minor injuries during the course of the crime, after being pistol whipped.
Investigators are looking at the possibility of a link between this robbery, and one that took place at a Dunkin' Donuts across the street Tuesday and at a nearby Domino's Pizza Friday.
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption
- Third-grade FCAT math and reading scores static
- Personal finance expert Suze Orman speaks at UF
- Fla. Gov. asked to return money to insurer