|Published:||Feb 08, 2013 6:25 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 08, 2013 11:29 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- Fort Myers Police Department is investigating a bank robbery. It happened at the Wells Fargo on the 5700 block of Lee Boulevard.
Witnesses told police that a Hispanic man wearing a hooded sweatshirt entered the bank. They said the suspect demanded money and jumped over the counter. He then fled the scene with an undisclosed amount of cash.
Witnesses added that once outside, the suspect jumped on a bicycle and rode to a silver, smaller size, Mazda pickup truck. The suspect entered the passenger side of the pickup. They told police the suspect and the driver of the truck fled through the supermarket parking lot and onto SR 82 where witnesses lost sight of them. Witnesses provided police with a partial tag number with the last three digits of "25V".
Police are investigating whether or not this robbery is related to a robbery that happened at the same location three weeks ago.
Anyone with information about the robbery is asked to call FMPD at 321-7700, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS or text message C-R-I-M-E-S (274637) Keyword FMPD. Tipsters can remain anonymous. You may be eligible for a reward of up to $5,000 for a tip that leads to an arrest.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Child Struck And Killed By Vehicle In Bonita Springs.