|Published:||Feb 08, 2013 6:25 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 08, 2013 11:29 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- Fort Myers Police Department is investigating a bank robbery. It happened at the Wells Fargo on the 5700 block of Lee Boulevard.
Witnesses told police that a Hispanic man wearing a hooded sweatshirt entered the bank. They said the suspect demanded money and jumped over the counter. He then fled the scene with an undisclosed amount of cash.
Witnesses added that once outside, the suspect jumped on a bicycle and rode to a silver, smaller size, Mazda pickup truck. The suspect entered the passenger side of the pickup. They told police the suspect and the driver of the truck fled through the supermarket parking lot and onto SR 82 where witnesses lost sight of them. Witnesses provided police with a partial tag number with the last three digits of "25V".
Police are investigating whether or not this robbery is related to a robbery that happened at the same location three weeks ago.
Anyone with information about the robbery is asked to call FMPD at 321-7700, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS or text message C-R-I-M-E-S (274637) Keyword FMPD. Tipsters can remain anonymous. You may be eligible for a reward of up to $5,000 for a tip that leads to an arrest.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids